Image Resizer: Everything You Need To Know
Free and paid resizer tools can optimize editing time without sacrificing image quality. So you will complete your task quickly.
It would be best if you had the tips in the image resizer overview to get the photos you want. I help you take advantage of the valuable features in this software to get pictures with the highest image quality after being resized.
Table of Contents
- Image Resizer Utility
- Pros and Cons of Image Resize
- Why Should You Choose And Download An Image Resizer?
- How To Use An Image Resizer?
- Image Resizer Basic Commands
- Changing The Image Anchor Point
- Frequently Asked Questions
Image Resizer Utility
On average, a photo taken by a mobile phone will have a 10 megapixels resolution. This picture will have 10 million pixels and require up to 30 million bytes to resize an image.
If you wish to send this photo by email or other online image transfer methods, you will have to wait a while for the image to be uploaded. Similarly, the receiver must wait to download a large amount of data.
An image size editor was born to overcome this problem, reducing the size but not affecting the image quality.
What is an image resizer?
The photo resizer can resize many images at the same time. The editor also organizes photos into subfolders, assisting in storing and retrieving your images.
Besides the ability to increase image size, this tool includes some other features, such as changing the orientation and flipping the image.
These tools are compatible with many different platforms. They also don't require overly demanding hardware:
- Operating system: Windows, at least XP, accepts 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
- CPU: At least 1.6 gigahertz (Ghz).
- RAM: 512 MB or more.
- Hard drive space: at least 250 MB.
Some feature highlights
Resize image online
Resizing is the main feature of this tool. You can customize the height width or shrink the image but keep the original aspect ratio.
Edit multiple photos
To save time, you can use the image resizer's batch image editing feature.
Once the resized photo folders are selected and uploaded, the tool will batch-resize the images according to your requirements.
Convert images to multiple formats
Once the resizing is done, you can also use the tool to save the image in the new design. This tool usually supports the structures of JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, and TIF.
In addition to changing the image formats, you can resize the image name and path with a photo size reducer. With this feature, you are sorting, optimizing folders, and renaming output images no longer take too much time.
If your image is in the wrong orientation, the online photo resizer also supports the image rotation tool to solve the image format problem.
Besides the standard options like 90-degree or 180-degree rotation, the device can automatically correct the orientation to make your image perfect.
Picture resizer includes two main image flip options: horizontally and vertically. With this tool, your images online will be more balanced and natural.
Keep a diary
Image resizer that saves any edits to your images in an archive log. This advantage allows you to check the changes related to the image and restore the aspect ratio at any time.
Image resizer handles many tasks pretty quickly. With photos more significant than 6 MB, the tool can reduce image size by more than 75% in just 1 second.
Pros and Cons of Image Resize
Image resizer is a convenient and easy-to-use tool with high efficiency. Yet, there also exist disadvantages. Here are the quick pros and cons of this software.
- Compelling image resizing but no loss of image quality.
- It supports processing multiple photos at the same time.
- Simple to use, even for people who don't often work with images.
- Efficiently handle a wide variety of image formats.
- Integrated with many useful tools such as auto-navigation, image rotation, and image flip
- The free version does not unlock some features.
- Does not support image background change
Why Should You Choose And Download An Image Resizer?
It would help if you used a resizer instead of manual editing for many reasons.
This online tool supports reducing image size while keeping the high resize photos resolution. You don't have to crop photos or face blurry images.
Besides, the image smaller also integrates with many other profile image editors. If you entirely use these unique features, the quality of your photos will improve.
How To Use An Image Resizer?
Even those who have never done image editing can use this software proficiently. You have an image with the desired file size with just a few clicks to not reduce image quality.
- Step 1: Download, extract and launch the software. The license key you use will be the code sent to your email when you purchase the resize photos tool.
- Step 2: Get familiar with the main working interface in the software to resize an image. In the center is the area you use to add photos or folders. Use the drag-and-drop button to upload the file size.
- Step 3: Edit photos by selecting the "resize an image" tab in the settings tool.
- Step 4: Choose a scale editing tool and modify the image. Select the tool that meets the requirements and click next to the final screen.
- Step 5: Format option, the folder you will use to save the image. After completing this step, click on the "Process" button.
- Step 6: The free online tool will automatically resize and save the image in your installed folder. You can review the processing log or return to the main screen to continue working.
Image Resizer Basic Commands
Besides automatic performing to resize an image, you can use basic commands with some tools. The trick is to combine multiple orders at once by adding a period between the two commands:
- Request to change the height of the photo specified; the format width changes to meet the original aspect ratio: height = x. (x is the unit in pixels).
- Request to change the resized image width as specified, and the format width automatically adjusts to meet the original aspect ratio: width = y (y in pixels).
- Reduce the file size of the image automatically: w = y & h = x & scale = down.
- Change the background color around the subject: w = y & h = x & bgcolor = Name or Hex Color Code.
- Change resized image output image format: w = y & h = x & format = resize jpg, png, or gif.
Changing The Image Anchor Point
In addition to editing the image size, you can also use commands to change the anchor point. Here are the basic commands you can refer to
- To set anchor points for transforms in the top left corner: w = y & h = x & scale = canvas & anchor = top left.
- To set anchor points for transforms in the top right corner: w = y & h = x & scale = canvas & anchor = top right.
- To set anchor points for transformations at the top: w = y & h = x & scale = canvas & anchor = top center.
- To place the anchor point for changes in the center of the image: w = y & h = x & scale = canvas & anchor = middle center.
- To set anchor points for changes in the left corner: w = y & h = x & scale = canvas & anchor = middle left.
- To set anchor points for changes at the right angle: w = y & h = x & scale = canvas & anchor = middle right.
- Place the anchor point for the changes at the bottom left corner: w = y & h = x & scale = canvas & anchor = bottom left.
- To set anchor points to resize the image at the right end endpoint: To set anchor points for changes at the left end endpoint:
- To put anchor points for bottom corner transformations: w = y & h = x & scale = canvas & anchor = bottom center.
Frequently Asked Questions
Indeed, you may have many questions related to image editing. Here is some information you can refer to solve the problems you face.
How can I resize a photo without losing image quality?
Photoshop is software that can easily resize images without losing quality.
All you need to do is find an "Image Size" dialog box, change the width and height of the image, and set the desired image resolution.
How do I change the KB size of a photo?
To resize KB images, you can use these online tools. Some tools support resizing multiple images based on the number of KB you want and downloading to get the resized image file.
What is the size of a 50kb photo?
The pixel size for 50 KB ranges from 200 x 300 pixels to not reduce quality.
How much is 40 KB in pixels?
40KB multiple images online usually have a resolution between 980x30 pixels. The above number may vary depending on the image format.
How do I calculate pixel file size?
To calculate the pixels of an image file, multiply the dimensions together, combined with the bit depth. A 32-bit image measuring 2,048 x 3,072 will have a file size equal to (2048 x 3072 x 32) / 8 or 25,165,824 bytes.
Resizing and uploading images is a lot simpler than you think. With the helpful free image resizer tools above, it is not difficult for you to get photos with the expected size but still keep the high quality.
I hope that you have successful editing operations and get high-quality photos. Please comment in the section below if you have any questions.
Thank you for reading!